Monday, January 31, 2011

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

book jacket
Recommendation from a blog follower:
I just read "Abraham Lincoln:  Vampire Hunter" by Seth Grahame-Smith.  I got it on a whim because I had seen the "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" book that he had written and thought the cover and idea of it was humorous.  I enjoy reading supernatural fiction (which includes vampires among other creatures) and thought I'd give it a whirl.  The first few pages and book jacket seemed intriguing enough.  Well needless to say it was a great read.  The historical fiction basis of it was mixed nicely with actual dates and events from Mr. Lincoln's life.  The aspect of vampires being integrated into the story was done seamlessly as if they really existed in real life.  The story left you wondering "what if it were really true?" at the end because it was done so well.  I enjoyed it's creativity and engaging story and I recommend it.  For those of you who aren't supernatural fans, this book has enough of a historical fiction flair and a journey that will satisfy your needs otherwise.

Request Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter from the Bangor Public Library

No comments:

Post a Comment