Friday, November 5, 2010

Great book series on HBO, part 1

book jacketDead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
(Mystery/Horror/Fantasy)

A perfect blend of mystery and horror.  Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out....  Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea.  Now the HBO original series True Blood.  --Review from Amazon

~Recommended by Jan (library staff):
"My only regret is that I hadn't read this book before watching HBO's True Blood series.  Harris has a very witty writing style.  This book was thoroughly entertaining, although much less graphic than the HBO series."

Request Dead Until Dark from Bangor Public Library

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen True Blood on HBO, but I love this series. I also like the Lily Bard mysteries by Harris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great series. I love this author! Never heard of the bard mysteries. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this series. I also really enjoy the show. (although HBO is more graphic than the books) It's refreshing because it's as though it could happen in real life without being too far into the fantasy realm. I really enjoy how they try to integrate 'mystical' creatures such as werewolves, fairies, other were-creatures and vampires into mainstream every day society as we know it. It's a very enjoyable series. I've read one or two from her other series and they were also successes. The characters were pretty believable.

    ReplyDelete